Friday 10 February 2023

Storytelling

I'm interested in Storytelling as a way of sharing lived experiences, I've been talking with some of you about this... 


This short TED talk by Multi-Media Artist and TED Fellow Zahra Al-Mahdi offers some critical thinking around how we gather and re-tell the stories of others around us. 


Particularly relevant for those in Module Three as you conduct your interviews and consider the experience of this act of sharing and your ethical responsibilities in it.  





1 comment:

  1. Thank you Helen for sharing this! For me at the moment listening the stories of my interview’s participants is not about believing everything they said or agreeing/ disagreeing with them, but is about the new questions arising as I listen to them. It is amazing where their stories are leading and the new connections they create.

    ReplyDelete