Monday 13 September 2021

Module One

 Today we had a zoom session with a Module One Focus - I am aware some of you did not have access to the Unihub page in time and so sadly missed the session - PLEASE DO NOT PANIC - You should all be enrolled by the end of the day. 

The session was a discussion and we are going to blog things that were spoken about and our thoughts around them now as a way of continuing the conversations - 

Those that were a part of this discussion session please do comment here with your thoughts and a link to your blog related to this discussion so that people can find you!!


Some thoughts for me from this discussion which was centred on communicating, articulating, sharing your Professional Practice (not your job role);

Empowering others

Commuincation

Connections

Peer Support 

Community Support

World through movement

Life practice

Life-long learning

Not Knowing

Being in Process

Reflecting

 

We spoke about the relationship within this module between your Claim for Recognition of Prior Learning (which you work on first) and identifying Areas of Learning that feel significant in the way that you think about and experience your practice, and the Reflective Essay which comes at the end of the module, where you are reflecting on your learning journey through this first term of study.  

Themes of not being pocketed into identities, not assuming we are fixed in or by the things we do, learning as transformational came up. 

 

What other thoughts emerge for you when you think about your professional practice and your Self?

9 comments:

  1. I am glad you had this discussion! I am super bummed I missed this, but I think it is important to remember that what we "do" should not define us. I personally struggle with distinguishing who I am as a human being and who I am as an artist and working professional. These are things most of us struggle with. I find it helps when I pull back the layers and am able to remember my core value as a human, what I enjoy outside of work, What brings me happiness, and what motivates me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Themes of Identity and classification where at the forefront of this discussion. It was helpful to interact and respond to those who had shared and or varying views and standpoints. We can come in with formed ideas but one important take away is the opportunity to reflect going forward as a way of stimulating ideas and facilitating growth.

    I've written a little bit that can be found at...

    https://otis-cameroncarr.blogspot.com/2021/09/mapp-session-one-1-reflection.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great thanks Otis..look forward to reading more

      Delete
    2. Just checked it out! Thank you so much for sharing your story. Left you a comment! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi everyone! I hope you are all well.

    Thank you so much Helen for this very useful summary of the meeting, and for helping us with enrolling.
    I am now enrolled correctly and can fully access my 'My Learning space'.

    This first meeting got me thinking a lot.

    I am yet to properly write down a blog post around it (I have mostly been scribbling on my Reflective Journal)...however I have jotted down a post as soon as the class finished, synthesising how I felt after it.

    Here it is...
    https://dancingbyelly.blogspot.com/2021/09/emotions.html

    Wishing all a wonderful evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey lovely people, first seminar really got me thinking and then continually pondering though out the week with my clients as well.
    Wrote this post talk on Monday
    https://imogengrace1.blogspot.com/2021/09/i-am-not-my-job-description.html
    Love to hear tour thoughts & see you soon x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello everyone :) the first meeting was really thought provoking. I wrote about it on my blog https://deeksha-kumar.blogspot.com/
    Would love to hear your thoughts

    ReplyDelete