Tuesday 8 February 2022

Module One and Two

 Yesterday we had two sessions: one with a focus on the RPL process, which you typically undertake in the first term of study on MAPP and one with an introduction to the aims and content of module two. 


Connecting the conversations of both sessions was the space for reflection, evaluation and analysis in learning. 


Through the RPL process you are asked to:

- critcally reflect on areas of prior learning - we discussed how these may be made up of prior EXPERIENTIAL learning (learning through doing in practice) and prior ACCREDITED learning (learning that has already been recognised at level 7 through another course or framework). 

- evaluate your learning experiences in relation to scholarship - the work of other theorists, scholars, practitioners and artists who have published work in relation to your Areas of Learning

- analyse the learning from particular areas or moments in your practice - rather than describe an experience


In Module Two you are invited to:

- consider an area of your practice in more depth by critically reflecting on your learning to date, identifying what you would like to get to know better/more about within your existing practice

- evaluate how this area of inquiry has relevance to your professional practice and continued professional development

- analyse the existing literature/scholarship already published in this field in order to 'map' the broader context of your proposed inquiry


One process looks back, the next looks around you, both apply concepts of critical reflection, evaluation and analysis.


Both sessions were recorded and are available for you on UniHub today.


Please comment below with your thoughts on either session, how are you thinking about your learning? what are you noticing in the field around your practice? 



5 comments:

  1. Good evening Helen!
    Thank you so much for this summative blog post! I am currently in the process of brainstorming to identify my area of inquiry for DAN4630. Will try my best to figure it out as soon as possible, so that I can start researching, by the end of the month, any existing relevant literature around the topic.
    I am curious to see where my interests/intuition will take me.
    I will blog my inquiry journey as soon as I am a bit more aware of where I am going.
    I wish everyone a wonderful rest of the day.
    Elly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the summary, Helen. It is great to start this course by stopping and reflecting on what I have achieved and how this happened as well as everything I have learnt from what has gone well and not necessarily to plan! I am starting to figure out which areas of learning are going to be useful in this context and how this all fits together.

    My blog can be found here: https://nicoladance.wordpress.com/

    Thanks,

    Nicola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Helen, and hi everyone reading this!

    After a couple of days brainstorming ideas for my research project, I came around a very useful video tutorial by Oregon's School's Library's YouTube channel, which truly helped me figure out my areas of interests.

    I shared my process on my blog, with the link to the Tutorial.

    If anyone feels somewhat 'stuck' or as they would need some guidance in their brainstorming, I would definitely recommend to try this out.

    Here is my blog post.

    https://dancingbyelly.blogspot.com/2022/02/choosing-topic-developing-research.html

    Hope it helps some of you!

    Have a wonderful day!

    Elly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Monday, it has taken til now for me to process as have been suffering from COVID all week. At good point of research that everyone might find useful is Rosenshine's Principles in Action particularly if you're working and reflecting on your time within education..

    Here's my blog address where I'm just about to reflect on my AOL process I'm starting now. https://amycoughlan87.blogspot.com

    Hope you have a lovely weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Helen,

    I found the encouragement to dig into the literature surrounding reflective practice to be very useful. It gave me the opportunity to not necessary need to be moving on making something, but rather absorbing information around me. I am starting to connect the idea of embodiment of knowledge to experiences I have had on particular jobs.

    ReplyDelete