Thursday 17 February 2022

Research Methods - Interviews

 

As you are planning your research inquiry (Module two) or embarking on it (Module three) you may be considering using interviews as a data collection method. 

This TEDTalk with Dave Isay offers a great example of the value and power of interviews, the role of the interviewer, the ethics around interviews for you to consider and think further on as you develop your research or approach interviewing people. 


REMEMBER THE AIM OF THE INTERVIEW IS NOT TO GET PEOPLE TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS!!!




https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=dave+isay+ted+talk

 

 

what are your thoughts? 



3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the timely inspiration Helen, I had watched this before but had forgotten. If only to hit it off in an interview as well as this. No expectations but I do hope for refreshment, even revelatory thoughts - fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This was so touching! I don't know if it's because I am still fighting with covid or what it is, but I always get so emotional lately every time I watch these TED Talks you share with us.
    Thank you so much for opening my eyes to the power interviews can have!
    I wish you a wonderful day!
    Elly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lost my job few months back and there was no way to get income for my family, things was so tough and I couldn't get anything for my children, not until a met a recommendation on a page writing how Mr Bernie Wilfred helped a lady in getting a huge amount of profit every 6 working days on trading with his management on the cryptocurrency Market, to be honest I never believe it but I took the risk to take a loan of $1000. and I contacted him unbelievable and I was so happy I earn $12,500 in 6 working days, the most joy is that I can now take care of my family I don't know how to appreciate your good work Mr. Bernie Doran God will continue to bless you for being a life saver I have no way to appreciate you than to tell people about your good services.
For a perfect investment and good strategies contact Mr Bernie Doran via WhatsApp :+1(424)285-0682 or Telegram : @Bernie_doran_fx or Email : Bernie.doranfx01@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete