Sunday 4 March 2018

2nd skype discussion March 4th...

Our 2nd discussion group today had many voices, mostly sharing themes around reflection, reading, revealing 'gaps' in the literature and how we might relate to the development of our professional practice.

We talked about the idea of adding the 'the field' of your practice, of your research and of ways in which to structure the literature in order to make meaningful what you read to what you know and what you don't know but are seeking through the literature.

There were examples from peoples specific teaching practice shared, research inquiry ideas and process shared and generally a feeling of working together, listening and sharing in order to learn. There was an acceptance of feeling lost (multiple times) along the MA journey and of hitting points of 'crisis' when different perspectives to those you held as 'true' are perhaps knocked by something you read and engage with now through your MAPP learning - GREAT!! Remember life, practice, research is not a linear path from A to B... enjoy the wiggles and bumps along the way, they let you know you are alive and learning!!

Those who were part of this discussion will continue these conversations through their blogs, do check them out and comment, so that the blogs reach their potential of being interactive conversations.

Davis Hobdy
Jo Roots
Brandon Sears
Kirsty Searle
Hannah Jackson
Julie Williamson
Garry Clarke
Katherine Bates
Jane Syder
Anthea Garratt
Michael Joseph
Elissavet Linkzerakou

Please comment with the link to your blog on this conversation below...


9 comments:

  1. I found it useful to hear that others were in a similar position to myself and also the importance of looking outside of practice including how the historical and societal issues impact upon research there is the wider picture to consider and the positioning of it within society and practice.
    Here is the link to my blog following on from last night
    http://garrywclarke.blogspot.co.uk/2018/03/personal-influence-and-interest-moving.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also enjoyed todays discussion.( really haven't previously ) I think that has had 2 reasons. Firstly I decided no matter how silly it sounded I would say it and although I find great value in listening I would make myself contribute more. secondly I felt I knew a bit more about what was going on the course and in the discussion. I felt for the newbies trying to get a grip, it became apparent that I have moved on -that surprised me. My thoughts on where to go next are a little clearer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. could we have an up to date blog address list ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will update today with the new module one blogs added and re-post on UniHub

      Delete
  4. Felt really nervous prior to Skype yesterday. The reading is positioned very close to my heart and in Decolonizing Methodology I questioned my own constructs, influences and the teacher and person I am. Still in crisis and trying to grasp an inquiry that holds meaning not particularly to myself but to others.
    Fascinated by other research subjects and have blogged some info I found to Garry. Hoping we can all support each other in our inquiries and collectively make more difference. Link
    http://jvsyd.blogspot.co.uk/2018/03/our-constructs-go-way-back.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a really helpful skype! My blog address is hannahlindsaymapp.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really helpful information .Essay Writing

    ReplyDelete