Friday 13 April 2018

Knowing in your bones...

Just a reference to share, I know some of you I have flagged the work of Guy Claxton to in a one-to-one, but as I read through drafts of your work now, particularly those on Module One, it strikes me that this text is relevant again.


Terry Atkinson and Guy Claxton, (2000). The intuitive practitioner: On the value of not always knowing what one is doing, Taylor and Francis Publishers

What we often take for granted as 'just knowing', 'just doing', centres around the out intuition as practitioners.  There are educational theories of Intuitive Practice and the role of intuition in teaching that you might find interesting and that can offer greater context to your 'gut feelings'.

Let me know what you think..






1 comment:

  1. I think that "intuition" isn't a result of "instinct". We all have to learn from somewhere, I believe that intuition is a result from life experience that we take for granted, which everyone experiences differently, so every one will have a different intuitively. please let me know if this is a valid comment

    ReplyDelete