Sunday 7 April 2019

Sunday Open Discussion... Communicating Ideas...

We had lots of voices on the Open Discussion Group call this evening. 
We talked about communication of our ideas both within our practice and within the MA. 
We talked about the need to recognise and acknowledge the 'bigger picture', looking beyond your immediate knowledge of something, moving beyond a personal narrative of experience in order to be selective, more critical in your communication.  

Some of my notes while people spoke included;

Process
Translation
Finding different ways
authenticity
asking questions
focusing
recognising challenges
making comparisons
listening to (becoming aware of) other perspectives

All of these words I feel have resonance with your journey on the MA. They came from listening to you speaking of communication in your practices. They are my interpretation of what was said. 

Do share through your blogs your interpretation of the conversations this evening. What did you take from them, what thinking was sparked maybe, or challenged, how might you relate this process to the process of communicating your ideas through your writing for your module assignments?

Remember that the MA itself is a process you are engaging with. It is not a fixed thing. Each module is developmental, connecting to the next module, to your practice to the wider field of practice around you. There is not an end point in your learning by the end of module three, it is still part of the process of your learning through practice which will continue beyond the MA. 


 

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for the notes, Helen. My grumpy, ill-considered reflection is available here:
    https://rhodmapp.blogspot.com/2019/04/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I wrote back on your blog, maybe some of what I shared might be helpful? Have a lovely week ahead!

      Delete
    2. Hello everyone..Welcome to my free masterclass strategy where i teach experience and inexperience traders the secret behind a successful trade.And how to be profitable in trading I will also teach you how to make a profit of $12,000 USD weekly and how to get back all your lost funds feel free to email me on( brucedavid004@gmail.com ) or whataspp number is +22999290178  





























      Hello everyone..Welcome to my free masterclass strategy where i teach experience and inexperience traders the secret behind a successful trade.And how to be profitable in trading I will also teach you how to make a profit of $12,000 USD weekly and how to get back all your lost funds feel free to email me on( brucedavid004@gmail.com ) or whataspp number is +22999290178  













      Delete
  2. Thank you very much, on my reflections as they are developing regarding my research: https://marianelladesanti.blogspot.com/2019/03/these-first-few-months-of-new-year-at.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last night after re.reading your post, Helen and rethinking, I wrote a bit more on "finding different ways" This is a topic that resonates a lot as a teacher and dancer. Here are my thoughts: https://marianelladesanti.blogspot.com/2019/04/dance-science-and-training-alternatives.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like it has been a great discussion. Our internet crashed over the weekend and I was not able to join ;-(, so I am looking forward to reading all the blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Helen
    This is what was relevant to my process:
    https://www.myworldof.dance/2019/04/communicating-ideas.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Helen, although I wasn't on the call I managed to listen to it last night. Please find my blog below. Jade

    https://jadenunn1986.blogspot.com/2019/04/to-think-outside-box-first-you-must.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi here's my contribution following our Skype session:

    https://fionajdrew@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi all, my blog will be updated this week in regards to 'communicating ideas'
    sorry for the late reply.
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello everyone..Welcome to my free masterclass strategy where i teach experience and inexperience traders the secret behind a successful trade.And how to be profitable in trading I will also teach you how to make a profit of $12,000 USD weekly and how to get back all your lost funds feel free to email me on(brucedavid004@gmail.com) or whataspp number is +22999290178

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your writing is fine and gives food for thought. I hope that I’ll have more time to read your articles . Regards. I wish you that you frequently publish new texts and invite you to greet me Backlinks blog comments

    ReplyDelete