Friday 30 June 2023

New beginnings...

It was wonderful to see our module three finalists from this term and last graduate on Monday, and to meet and connect in person with some of you!! Do share your photos from the day here!


Congratulations to all, and all the best with your next adventures...do keep in touch!


Some news to share with you, I have recently been appointed as the new Director of Programmes (Arts) for Dance and Professional Practice, so will be moving away from Programme Leading MAPP, though continuing to stay connected as I will oversee all of our dance and professional practice provision at undergraduate and post graduate level in this new role.

I am delighted to introduce our new Programme Leader for MAPP, Dr Robert Vesty to you, knowing the programme is in caring, and creative hands as we move into the new term.  You can get to know Rob a little through their blog here ahead of meeting in September.

https://robertvestymapp.blogspot.com/

We are also expanding our Programme Team and will enjoy the support and voices of practice from more supervisors from the Arts faculty. Mike Dines will continue to supervise and be joined by Angela Woodhouse and Yasmin Foster-Paul who along with Rob Vesty will make our programme team for 2023/24. Please do look them up and their area of work-practice-research, I hope you will agree, a really exciting team!

I will stay on to see some of you through your final module where possible. I will email all students I have been supervising, introduce you to your new supervisor as appropriate in the coming week. 


We welcome new students starting the MA the week of Sept 18th, and term starts for all on Sept 25th


Wishing you all wonderful summers now and all for a great term in September!!





3 comments:

  1. Wow congratulations! What an amazing gain for the program. Thank you for all you do and I look forward to watching the journey unfold :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Helen!
    great news, the program is growing and developing!

    As a student and Student Voice Leader I have some questions:
    Does the content and structure stay the same for me and my cohort?
    Do I and my cohort get a new supervisor or do you stay being our supervisor?

    I am looking forward to your email.

    regards

    Dieter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I am emailing students today and introducing them to new supervisors as appropriate. The structure and content for your cohort, as discussed in meetings last term, remains the same. It is new starters to the MA that will come in on the newly validated MA Professional Arts Practice programme from Sept. Your cohort will finish the final module on the degree titles you entered on. Very best
    Helen

    ReplyDelete