Tuesday 22 January 2013

New Year...New Info

Hello, welcome (almost) back!

As it's feeling rather a long time since I blogged last on here and just to begin to get your minds and bodies back into gear a little before we re-start MAPPing on Feb 1, I thought I would post this...

Firstly a very Happy New Year to you all, I hope you have all managed to enjoy something of a break and some peaceful time with family and friends and I hope January has begun well for you.

Adesola and I have been reviewing course materials for the MAPP DTP and have had a bit of a re-jig of your LibGuides page too, hopefully making it a little clearer and easier for you to navigate and able to accommodate our growing community with some new folks starting their MAPP journeys with us in Feb.

http://libguides.mdx.ac.uk/mappDTP

If you have a chance to take a look and want to get your heads around your next module, you can find your Module Handbooks under module specific pages, (Module One, Module Two, Module Three) under the Modules & Materials tab.  Please refer to these handbooks now, not older versions you may have viewed on LibGuides before the Christmas.  As you begin to plan your research (Module twos) or implement your research plan (Module threes) there are a number of consent forms you will need to complete in order to safe guard your practice and those your research may impact on.  These are all listed under your module pages for you to download.  For Module Two and Module Three we also want to encourage the development of special interest groups (related to your individual areas of research) through Linked-in discussion forums.  If you're not familiar with Linked-in, maybe take a look at it now.

http://www.linkedin.com/

When we meet on Feb 1, I will have hard copies of your handbooks to give to you, if you are unable to make it to the campus coffee afternoon on the 1st, do let me know and we can arrange a time to make our own coffee and enjoy them over a Skype call!  If you would like me to post you a copy of your next handbook, not a problem just let me know.

So...on with the marking here : ) and looking forward to seeing some of you, and talking with others on Feb 1.  Let's meet in the Grove Atrium (Costa) at 4pm?


Helen

1 comment:

  1. Hi Helen

    Happy New Year. Please could you post me a copy of the handbook as regretfully I will not be able to make it to the coffee meet. If you need my address could you email me? I am enjoying having a good read in preparation for presenting my module 3 ideas... choices choices! All for now. Janet

    ReplyDelete