Tuesday 12 March 2019

Reflection and Ethics...

We had some great conversations around reflection and ethics this evening with people from Module one and two contributing to this discussion group.

We recognised how reflection offers a kind of making-sense of past experiences, attributing value and learning from in order to situate and continue on the journey of our professional practice. We noticed how ethics are central to our lives and practice, not something only addressed through research (just that ethics become neccesarily visible then perhaps) and we discussed both ethical considerations, how we are mindful of our actions, words, practice and the potential impact is has on those around us, and how these considerations cannot avoid the social, cultural and historical contexts from which they emerge, and ethical procedures, the ways in which we may go about informing and 'safe-guarding' others of our practice-research. The MORE process we use in Module Two is just this, the ethical procedures that the university requires you to undertake in order to approve your proposal for a research inquiry.

Rhoda bought a good point into the discussion, that of Self-Care, how we might develop a sense of our own ethics as central to who we are particularly when there is no other overtly recognised ethical practice or policy in place to support us, Rhoda will blog more on this. Tara shared some literature she's been reading around Social Research and talked about how she related this to conversations from a previous skype discussion, she will blog more on this in relation to reflection and ethics.. Christopher, Jovanka, Catherine, Nighat, Marianella will also blog their thoughts extending from this conversation. A great discussion with lots of valuable areas raised by you all...thank you.

I look forward to reading your blogs for more, do add your addresses to the comments here!


11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello everyone..Welcome to my free masterclass strategy where i teach experience and inexperience traders the secret behind a successful trade.And how to be profitable in trading I will also teach you how to make a profit of $12,000 USD weekly and how to get back all your lost funds feel free to email me on( brucedavid004@gmail.com ) or whataspp number is +22999290178  








































      Hello everyone..Welcome to my free masterclass strategy where i teach experience and inexperience traders the secret behind a successful trade.And how to be profitable in trading I will also teach you how to make a profit of $12,000 USD weekly and how to get back all your lost funds feel free to email me on( brucedavid004@gmail.com ) or whataspp number is +22999290178  

      Delete
  2. Sorry i was late to tonights skype session. I really enjoyed the discussion once i was present. heres my thoughts on ethical approaches and Earl Babbies "The Practice of Social Research" https://warburtontara.blogspot.com/2019/03/ethical-approaches.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the great discussion today. I posted a blog about reflection and ethics. I felt that I had to write about ethics in the world of ballet...Here is the link: https://jovankazaric.blogspot.com/2019/03/reflection-and-ethics.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. My post Skype thoughts.

    https://rhodmapp.blogspot.com/2019/03/post-skype-reflection-and-ethical.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Helen,

    Thank you for accepting Dan into the group call. Here are my thoughts and my ethics based on tonight’s chat.

    https://jadenunn1986.blogspot.com/2019/03/ethics.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi every one, I use this blog post to let you know, that there is a new "student sharing space" folder on my Unihub, that is looking for ideas, thoughts, links and any other useful things to share ;-). For more details have a look on my blog:

    https://krabumbel.blogspot.com/2019/03/student-sharing-space.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! My thoughts: https://marianelladesanti.blogspot.com/2019/03/on-ethics-and-impact-we-make.html

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fascinating session, stimulated so many thoughts that I got distracted but I finally put a few thoughts on my blog https://ballettsenterkristiansund.blogspot.com
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perpetually consistent and an extraordinary commitment to the universe of bloggers.
    dissertation help online

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello everyone..Welcome to my free masterclass strategy where i teach experience and inexperience traders the secret behind a successful trade.And how to be profitable in trading I will also teach you how to make a profit of $12,000 USD weekly and how to get back all your lost funds feel free to email me on(brucedavid004@gmail.com) or whataspp number is +22999290178

    ReplyDelete