Saturday 19 September 2020

Finding your rhythm...

Great to talk with many of you these past two weeks - if you haven't yet signed up for a first supervision of the term. please email me to book a time for this week!

 

As we all get settled into the new term finding your relationship with your study is important and a way to start doing this is to be aware of your rhythms of energy, commitments, work, home life in relationship with finding a space for study. Figuring out when and where the MA is part of your life to that your practice and your study becoming intertwined.This is essential in a programme which is about your Professional Practice. As you move through the first couple of weeks, reading through module handbooks, gathering resources from the reading list and becoming more conscious perhaps of your own practice as a 'thing', it is important to remind yourself to take the time to listen to your own rhythms, observe your own patterns and be aware of your own learning processes. 


The MA programmes are centred around you and your professional practice and aims through guiding and deepening your reflective practice to develop you as practitioners in your fields and within the field of dance pedagogy. 


Module Ones, this module is about reflecting on your learning through practice to date. So, locating yourself where you are today through mapping a landscape of your past learning experiences. We recognise that you come to the programme with vast and varied bodies of experience and we are coming from the position of experience = knowledge, but there needs to be a process in the space between (reflection) which makes meaningful the learning from experience. The module handbook gives you dates and deadlines, what needs to be submitted and when, and talks you through observing and engaging in reflection on your practice in order that you will be in a place to first identify and then to articulate in writing what you consider to be your Areas of Learning (this will form part of your RPL – Recognised Prior Learning claim). The handbook offers you the skeleton of the module, your engagement with the learning community, literature, your openness to engage in the process of learning through reflection offers you the flesh you'll need to complete the module. 


Module Twos and Three's, different journeys for you but still needing space to breath in order to move. Module Two - a lot to cover, try to look at all the elements starting by referring back to the AOLs you submitted for the previous module as a reminder of key areas of your practice, identify the area of your research rather than search for the 'perfect question' at this stage. Reading around your area of interest and being within your practice with those thoughts will help your questioning develop.


Module Three's start also by reading back over your research proposals. You're now setting off on doing what you planned in the last module! You've created your map, it may / should shift and take alternative routes as you progress along it, learning from doing, being open to change and being responsive to it along the way.

Start using your blogs to share your thoughts and questions and comment on others also.

11 comments:

  1. Well I have started reading through the Handbooks and I am hoping that I will start to find things to reflect upon. I seem to remember feeling the same at the beginning of my BA, when I was also required to produce similar reflections and it all came together in the end. I am looking forward to the challenge and finding other people at the same stage as myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello everyone..Welcome to my free masterclass strategy where i teach experience and inexperience traders the secret behind a successful trade.And how to be profitable in trading I will also teach you how to make a profit of $12,000 USD weekly and how to get back all your lost funds feel free to email me on ( brucemike108@gmail.com )



















































      Hello everyone..Welcome to my free masterclass strategy where i teach experience and inexperience traders the secret behind a successful trade.And how to be profitable in trading I will also teach you how to make a profit of $12,000 USD weekly and how to get back all your lost funds feel free to email me on ( brucemike108@gmail.com )


      Hello everyone..Welcome to my free masterclass strategy where i teach experience and inexperience traders the secret behind a successful trade.And how to be profitable in trading I will also teach you how to make a profit of $12,000 USD weekly and how to get back all your lost funds feel free to email me on ( brucemike108@gmail.com )



















































      Hello everyone..Welcome to my free masterclass strategy where i teach experience and inexperience traders the secret behind a successful trade.And how to be profitable in trading I will also teach you how to make a profit of $12,000 USD weekly and how to get back all your lost funds feel free to email me on ( brucemike108@gmail.com )


















      Delete
    2. Hello everyone..........I thought the physicians said there is no pills or another way for PENIS ENLARGEMENT !!! I am telling you today that Dr Olu has the product for PENIS ENLARGEMENT and it worked perfectly for me from 3:0 to 8:95 and still counting. Contact Dr Olu for help to Enlarge your penis via Email Address: Drolusolutionhome@gmail.com and alo reach him on WhatsApp with mobile number: +2348140654426 Be your brothers keeper by sharing this vital information to other fellow men around the global


































      Hello everyone..........I thought the physicians said there is no pills or another way for PENIS ENLARGEMENT !!! I am telling you today that Dr Olu has the product for PENIS ENLARGEMENT and it worked perfectly for me from 3:0 to 8:95 and still counting. Contact Dr Olu for help to Enlarge your penis via Email Address: Drolusolutionhome@gmail.com and alo reach him on WhatsApp with mobile number: +2348140654426 Be your brothers keeper by sharing this vital information to other fellow men around the global

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this reminder of finding our personal rhythms and dynamic balance between theoretic learning and practical experience. I am looking forward to starting the process and further insights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I always thought its really important for anyone to find a correct balance between work and studying. If things feel overwhelming at a point take a step back to breath and remember that getting lost is part of the journey!
    Looking forward to the new term.
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi:)
    i have also started reading through the HANDBOOKS and still feeling a bit confused regarding whole things, blogs, submissions for RPL, deadlines.. i guess my personal rhythm will struggle for the time being until i find the that is all clear to me. so i guess i need to re-read the handbook and hopefully find my balance between theoretic learning and practical experience.
    But im totally looking forward to start the journey.
    sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    Thanks for assuring us all upon this journey. I am very much nervous, excited and looking forward to this new chapter in my life. Finding the balance to manage everything will certaintly be the challenge for me so I guess finding my rhythm will be crucial.

    I think spending more time reading the handbook and reflecting will be useful.

    Leroy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    Definitely struggling to find the right rhythm at the moment. After reading the handbooks I believe time might be the biggest issue. Finding the right work/study balance is not easy but I'm grateful for this challenge and hope to fall into a better routine soon.
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fellow Module 1 students, I am unable to participate int he Skype session this afternoon as I will be teaching. Is there a way that we can set up a Facebook group or a Whatsapp group so that we can talk to each other and offer help if necessary? Can someone mention this today and hopefully get it started? I dont mind setting it up but need someone to add y voiuce to the conversation this afternoon! Kym

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kym, no problem to miss a skype discussion, but this is what the blogs are for so anyone at that discussion can offer their thoughts from it, you check their blogs and can engage in the conversations - this way it is still an open discussion rather than a closed 'catch up'

      Delete
  8. Hi Helen
    I'm struggling to find a real rhythm, as even in normal circumstances my work is anything but regular. At the moment, because my regular work has gone, I am obliged to accept anything offered. This is making timetabling more difficult than usual. I am also terminally disorganised, which feeds into this. Finding a rhythm feels like a luxury!
    Rhoda

    ReplyDelete