Friday 1 October 2021

Different Perspectives, Sharing, communicating, growing

The MAPP programmes are built from an embodied perspective which centres experience, conversation, sharing through discussion, learning from hearing-seeing-feeling from different perspectives to you own as key to learning. 

 

Walter Hood offers this on communities learning and growing together.

 


 https://www.ted.com/talks/walter_hood_how_urban_spaces_can_preserve_history_and_build_community#t-206456


what are your thoughts?




2 comments:

  1. Oh wow...such a powerful Ted talk...
    It really stirred so many emotions in me.
    The strongest of all probably being how incredibly ashamed I feel at how our white ancestors treated black people. It is horrible, and so extremely sad.
    I am so sorry for what white people did to minorities. I hope this will soon stop. And I wish we could all learn more from history...
    I believe that education can be one of the keys towards a progress in awareness...
    On that aspect, I think that what what Walter Hood is doing is incredible. I never really thought about how landscapes can make us think, learn, reflect and change perspective. How (literally) it can help is see things we "pretend don't exist" because we bury them under the ground...
    Thank you so much for sharing this with us Helen.
    I believe it will keep resonating with me for a long time...
    I wish you all a wonderful weekend.
    Elly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this video Helen. I agree with Elly, quite emotional and I believe educating the public could be a key point. I also appreciated the re-evaluation of history and bringing it into today's world for everyone to share and learn from.

    ReplyDelete