Friday 22 October 2021

Mid-Term Break

 As we come to the mid-term break next week, a few notes;

 

Trust yourself - remember you may be new to MA study, you are not new to your practice!

Don't panic - take a deep breath, step back, take a walk, meditate, dance, sing, cook...let things settle and process

re-read your module handbook - you will take new things from it at this point

read material from your module reading list  - the essential texts are critical to the learning of each module

work on your drafts - start writing!!!

plan your time/schedule the next 6 weeks to the final submission date of Dec 10 - come back to don't panic!!

diarise dates of sessions to attend - make space to be a part of the discussions

catch up on recordings of sessions you may have missed - these are all on MAPP ACI Unihub page

think about how it might be useful to use tutorial time from this point - to have feedback discussion with your supervisor on your draft work is key now

blog about your week of catching up, moving forwards... 


Next session Monday Nov 1, 1200 (UK)

See you then!!


3 comments:

  1. thank you so much Helen for these encouraging words:), have a great mid-term break. Here is the link about how I am moving forward with my research:)https://sandramove.blogspot.com/2021/10/when-touch-becoming-fluid-phase-4-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Helen, thank you so much for your supportive & encouraging post!
    I am definitely trying to follow your advice!
    I am reading through the Handbook once again...and you are right...it does have a completely new level of meaning now.
    Especially the tasks/suggestions/explanations around the reflective essay have a different resonance.
    I am starting to understand what I need to reflect upon now...
    Time seems tight...but I'll try my best to not panic...as suggested! Hahaha
    I will try writing a more in depth post at the end of the week.
    Have a wonderful evening,
    Elly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Helen,
    I hope you have managed to have a restful half term.

    I have sent a couple of emails about the problems I am having on unihub - I cannot access or see any of the recordings of previous sessions, zoom links etc. It has been a few weeks without access to quite a lot of the info so starting to get a little worried about things that I may be missing and/or unaware of. Any help would be very gratefully received.
    Thank you,
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete