Wednesday 6 October 2021

Sketching, scratching, creating, thinking, translating ...art

Having enjoyed discussions this week with some of you during the sessions with Sam and Peter about relationships between art and academic wriitng and module twos ideas and design of research projects, notions of curiosity, language, communication, translation, sharing ideas, being vulnerable, offering, listening, work, practice, research (life!) being in-process I wanted to share this articulation of art from Artist-Designer, 

 

Es Devlin - on stage sculpture, music and technology - from sketches to large scale artist projects




https://www.ted.com/talks/es_devlin_mind_blowing_stage_sculptures_that_fuse_music_and_technology

 

What are your thoughts?

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Good morning Helen! Thanks again for sharing this with us!
    Again...so moving to me.
    I never thought of stage design/stage sculptures this way...even if I have spent most of the last decade weaving through them.
    It has DEFINITELY changed my perspective...and I just realised how many sources of learning are just right there in front of our eyes...but we are'too blind' to see them...or simply don't have yet the tools to unveil them.
    Thanks again for opening my eyes and awareness towards this.
    Have a wonderful day.
    Elly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you enjoyed it Elly, I enjoy the way she reminds us of great work beginning with ideas, conversations, scratching the surface of something, collaboration with others and often a long winding process...

      Delete
  2. Hi Helen, here are my thoughts about this amazing talk...I really enjoyed watching the video. https://sandramove.blogspot.com/2021/10/mind-blowing-stage-sculptures-my-body.html

    ReplyDelete